Monday, March 1, 2010

E-learning Term 1 - Task 2 (Intrapersonal)




[Jem’s diary]

What a long day it was at the trial! Atticus was so cool and polite to everyone today. What a gentleman. Mark my words, Jeremy Atticus Finch is gonna’ to be like his father!

Anyway, I know Atticus is gonna’ win. There is no way he ain’t. Mayella’s caught in his trap and so is Bob. There’s no way they are gonna’ escape this. So clever of Atticus to build up a “family background” through some questions deemed by Old Gilmer as “irrelevant ‘n’ immaterial”. Bad Old Gilmer, calling Atticus “Big Bad Mr. Finch”!

Scout and Dill were a little nuisance today. Dill was crying as Gilmer had treated Tom badly, calling him “boy”. I also discovered something new later on: Dolphus Raymond only drank Coca-Cola! Scout told me about this through her meeting with him.

I keep thinking that we had won. But are the other folks so pessimistic? Atticus said shortly that he has no idea whether we had won or not and Reverend Sykes was saying that he ain’t ever seen any jury decide in favour of why a coloured man over a white man. They must be crazy!

However, they were right in the end. Atticus passed and we lost. When we reached home, Atticus seemed tired and this was the first time I heard Aunty said the word “brother” to Atticus. I think she must have felt right sorry about what had happened.

Anyway, we had lost. What more do I have to say? It’s getting late now. I might as well go to sleep……

No comments:

Post a Comment