Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A) You are Philip Malloy after his first day at his new school. Write your diary entry from Philip's point of view entitled. "Why Did I Do It?"


My diary entry: Why Did I Do It ?

Oh no! Now I am in for it! I got transferred into this ‘Washington Academy’. Thought it was a good school, but guess what? I was in Miss Rooney’s class, when she asked me to lead the class by singing the anthem, ‘Star-Spangled Banner’!

And, I stupidly cried and said, “I do not know the words!” Oh, why did I say that? Well, what can I do? Just wait to be expelled then! Oh, why did I……

Now, my folks are definitely going to get at me! Why did I do it in the first place? Come to think of it, I should not have ‘betrayed’ Narwin! At least, she would have given me some extra work to level up my grade, to get into the track team. Now, worst of all, I cannot get into any track team any more!

1 comment:

  1. I think he realizes the meaning of one key word now: TRUTH! Mr. S

    ReplyDelete