Sunday, January 18, 2009

What I have encountered as I moved from primary 6 to secondary 1.


I was a recent Primary 6 graduate and entered a good secondary school. Well, quite a good one. And my, this school was huge compared to my primary school.

The first problem I face in Secondary 1 was knowing my way around the school campus. I was often lost, but after two weeks since school started, I managed to familiarize myself with the place.

Secondly, about the amount the of work. I realized that the amount of work in Secondary 1 was more than that in Primary 6. That is why people say ‘Time management is important’.

Lastly, bullying. I have not been bullied before by the older students before, but they do jump the queue, especially during lunch.

Well, these are some of the things I encountered as I move on to Secondary 1, but some pleasant things happened too! For example, the Secondary 1 orientation was very fun. We played with water bombs, participated in teambuilding games and mass games. The orientation will always be etched in my mind... ...

1 comment:

  1. I almost hate to admit this, but they allow teachers to "jump the cue" if they have to teach a class next period. Usually the students don't mind, but older students should not be pushing in front of Sec 1's. Mr. S.

    ReplyDelete